Sunday, July 09, 2006

and more strawberries




What a weekend! More excitement than you could handle -- you are now fast asleep in your moses basket, I hope for a long time! The Mariner's game on Friday night was a lot of fun -- even though they lost pretty badly. You were great -- you slept through most of the game, or sat there looking really cute, gazing at the people around us and making them fall in love with you too. Saturday, we had a company picnic for Papa that we went to -- it was at Mason Lake at the Simpson Park. Quite a few characters work for papa's company -- it was interesting just watching everyone. Papa had the most fun throwing the football and frisbee. We sat in the shade and watched him, then found a spot near the water and you laid on your blanket looking up into the trees. Again, you were such a good girl! Everyone was ohh'ing and ahh'ing over you -- which was no surprise to papa and me. That evening my old UI colleague Caroline came to visit. She brought an exchange student from Costa Rica who is studying intensive english at the UI this summer. We had her speak to you in Spanish -- your first lesson. Papa and I really want you to be fluent in another language and are thinking about hiring (someday) a spanish speaking mom's helper. But right now I can't imagine anyone else taking care of you. Saturday night wasn't your best night. I think you might have been too hot. It was the worst that you have slept since you came home. About one or two hour stretches and you didn't go to bed till 1:30 am. Mama was a mess in the mroning, but papa helped out and held you while I slept a bit longer. In the afternoon we decided to take you over to Vashon Island to the strawberry festival -- it was the first time we had been on Vashon and we loved the island -- it is absolutely beautiful. Again you were an angel. We just carried you around in the sling and you slept the entire time despite the heat. We took the other ferry off the island into Tacoma and papa swung around through Olympia to take a look at trucks. He wants a new truck and I want him to get a new truck -- it is REALLY hard to tend to you in the back of his current truck -- I pretty much have to be a gymnast to get back there and then must curl into a tight little ball to fit with you and your carseat. You didn't eat as much today as normal but I assume that you are having a hard time figuring out where to put more -- your little frame is full of chub. You look so very healthy and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home