Sunday, August 27, 2006

Island House



So, we figured out a plan to help you out Berkeley. We hated thinking about you commuting to Bainbridge Island 3 days a week, so we found a cute little island house to lease and will live there Wednesday - Friday. So you will have 2 total trips and papa will now have 4 total trips. We hope it works well. If it does we will look for soemthing full time. It will be nice to have a city house where we can do things like walk on sidewalks, have playdates, go to the bookstore, and eat ice cream at an ice cream shop.

You are growing so fast. So, I think I wrote that at the pediatrician you weighed in at 16 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. , I looked in my baby book this morning and I weighed 15 # at 6 months! You are one healthy baby. You are doing such a wonderful job at imitating our voices -- you and I do this funny thing back and forth with each other and where we suck air through the back of our throats. We have so much fun doing it back and forth with each other. I feel a little bad because I haven't been great at recording when you do everything. It just seems to have happened all on the day you were born when I think about it. You held your head up the first week, smiled (I swear it wasn't a fart that made you smile), and now you are finding your hands which is so cute but so frustrating to you. You recognized both our faces very early, and started the imitation as soon as we read that you'd be able to do it.

You haven't made any efforts to roll over yet, but I don't mind since I want you to stay immobile as long as possible, then I can keep you at work as long as possible:-)

You love to be swaddled at night and at naps. Our only worry is that you are outgrowing your swaddle blankets so who knows what we'll do and you'll do as soon as you won't be able to be wrapped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home