Friday, October 06, 2006

cousin love and my new favorite toy

This has easily been the most boring week of my life to date. My mama and papa were sick starting last week. Actually I started it with a wee little cough on Wednesday that had my mama all worried. I got over it quickly but those two -- hanger's on! Mama is still sick. So all week we just stayed home and vegged (photo below -- me veggin')



Last week, started out awesome! My cousins came up to play with me for the day. I just love my cousins. I can't wait to grow up and play with Joshua. As you can see we already love spending time together.







On Wednesday, we had our high risk infant follow-up appointment at the UW. I had fun doing all the little tests. Watching little red balls, pulling my head up, grabbing a red ring -- it was all so much fun. I scored high on the mental test, and they said I need to work on the mobile test. But really my parents are all to blame in that arena, oh and maybe the fact that I am a bit pudgy. I am not yet reaching for objects, but I follow objects very well. That may because my parents have put me under mobile after mobile yet they haven't given me anything to reach for -- so, because they were sick and didn't want to drive to a big city for a play gym (and because I am going to get one from Joshua), my mom and dad decided to make me a play gym for the time being so I can practice reaching for objects. I LOVE my play gym, except when I move so fast up and down that I hit my head on the plywood back. oh well.





But the play gym did the trick. I am reaching for objects now and putting them in my mouth. I love the objects that my parents hang down from the top -- they always keep it interesting.

So, I have a bit of a habit. I am a bit embarrassed to say it here in front of the world but the first sign of an addiction is admitting you have on - right? I love love love to suck on my parents fingers. When I wake up in the middle of the night I just start grumbling and in comes a finger. Sometimes it is the middle finger but I really prefer the thumb. It all started with the pinky finger but as I have grown that has just become too small. Well I guess my parents were getting a bit tired of wrinkly fingers because they finally broke and decided to try a pacifier. They thought weeks ago that I would find my thumb or fingers and start sucking them. But, why would I do that when I can have someone else hold their hand up there and take care of keeping me happy? The pictures below were taken when papa got home from work and discovered mama had bought me a pacifier. She told him that I didn't like it and she has tried several times and I just spit it out. Well papa just thought he had the touch so he put it in my mouth. In 2.2 I spit it right out and aimed and hit my target -- in papa's glass of orange juice. We'll see if he ever tries that again!





p.s. all grandma's take note of the new link to the right "animal apparel". Grandma B joshie loves these too!

1 Comments:

Blogger little yellow canary said...

Joshua loves kisses from Bee! What fun we had together. Hopefully our plan for our monthly "days together" will work out!

Very creative and very perfect play gym!

Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday.

Kisses to my favorite Bumble Bee!

Love,
Aunt Jilly

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home