Bionic Bee Baby
A sure sign that you are on the move, last night you saw something that I was baking that you wanted so you promptly decided that you needed to be in your highchair because that is where you eat. Instead of waiting for a lift you started scaling, as nimbly as an experienced climber launches himself up a cliff, you scaled the side of your highchair. First pulling yourself up the foot rest then contorting yourself to an angle where you could drop yourself into the seat. At first I leaped to your side and was about to pull you off and put you in it myself but then decided that I'd let you attempt your little mountain. And sure enough.
Last week your brain was tired from working so hard. Papa and I can just see the wheels turning and the light bulbs flashing every day. I swear it is all that fish oil that I am still ingesting for you. At least I'd like to think it is -- especially when the taste resurfaces hours later - ugh! You mastered three new signs last week, water, more and shoe. Shoes being your absolute favorite sign and your absolute favorite thing to do. Shoe on, shoe off, shoe on, shoe off. But I have to say you seemed most pleased with yourself when you did the more sign. We saw your little mind say to itself "hmmm now that is a very powerful sign! That one must stay in my arsenal!" So these signs are now added to nurse (which you do in your sleep now), bye-bye/hello, dog, and toilet. Toilet came a few weeks ago and our only problem is that you use the sign mostly after the fact -- your squatting and grunting posture though is much more readable to us then the actual ASL sign you've learned. We are getting close though...you love to sit on your little toilet, and if I can be so bold -- last week you gave me the toilet sign, I put you on your potty and you farted -- that was all -- but you were SO SO pleased with the whole bit. You also really enjoypeeing on the floor when you make the toilet sign and I take your diapers off -- of course we grit our teeth but celebrate the fact that you are starting to get it, now only if we could put 1 + 1 together.
Holly, our nanny in shining armor, commented on how impressed she was at how you seem to know what objects are for. You'll grab my gardening gloves and put them on and just strut around like a proud peacock, or you'll grab the broom and dustpan and attempt to sweep up the piles that we make using the big broom, and last week Holly had dirt on her arm and she said you sidled right up to her and started brushing it off her arm, she said she wouldn't have been surprised if you would have looked at her and said "Here let me help you with that." Of course all these things just make you seem more like the bionic bee baby that you were so aptly named by one of my dear clients.
Last week your brain was tired from working so hard. Papa and I can just see the wheels turning and the light bulbs flashing every day. I swear it is all that fish oil that I am still ingesting for you. At least I'd like to think it is -- especially when the taste resurfaces hours later - ugh! You mastered three new signs last week, water, more and shoe. Shoes being your absolute favorite sign and your absolute favorite thing to do. Shoe on, shoe off, shoe on, shoe off. But I have to say you seemed most pleased with yourself when you did the more sign. We saw your little mind say to itself "hmmm now that is a very powerful sign! That one must stay in my arsenal!" So these signs are now added to nurse (which you do in your sleep now), bye-bye/hello, dog, and toilet. Toilet came a few weeks ago and our only problem is that you use the sign mostly after the fact -- your squatting and grunting posture though is much more readable to us then the actual ASL sign you've learned. We are getting close though...you love to sit on your little toilet, and if I can be so bold -- last week you gave me the toilet sign, I put you on your potty and you farted -- that was all -- but you were SO SO pleased with the whole bit. You also really enjoypeeing on the floor when you make the toilet sign and I take your diapers off -- of course we grit our teeth but celebrate the fact that you are starting to get it, now only if we could put 1 + 1 together.
Holly, our nanny in shining armor, commented on how impressed she was at how you seem to know what objects are for. You'll grab my gardening gloves and put them on and just strut around like a proud peacock, or you'll grab the broom and dustpan and attempt to sweep up the piles that we make using the big broom, and last week Holly had dirt on her arm and she said you sidled right up to her and started brushing it off her arm, she said she wouldn't have been surprised if you would have looked at her and said "Here let me help you with that." Of course all these things just make you seem more like the bionic bee baby that you were so aptly named by one of my dear clients.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home